Las Vegas Weddings
Getting married in Las Vegas is easy and comes in various flavors. Romantic wedding ceremonies, quick drive-thru weddings, or may be one of the countless theme weddings.
Many wedding chapels in Las Vegas offer the entire palette ot themes: Elvis-look-alike weddings including appropriate styled ceremonies are as usual in Sin City as Mr. Spock & Co. weddings aboard of a starship. Your fantasies are the limit. Check out what the wedding chapels offer.
If you don't want any special organized ceremony you may chose the 'standard' version one can get at the city clerks office.
In case somebody is too intoxinated, most chapels reject those couples... what is good. One never knows how they would think about it the next morning.
General License Information
- Marriage License Requirements: Requirements for U.S. citizens and non U.S. citizens are the same.
- It is suggested that non U.S. citizens check with your local officials for special documents that may be needed to ensure that your marriage will be recognized in your country.
- Applicants must be a Male and a Female, at least 18 years of age, and not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
- Applicants may be required to prove their age. Those not having acceptable identification to prove age may be refused a marriage license. (Faxed copies, damaged identification, privately issued I.D., check cashing cards or photocopies of identification are unacceptable.)
- Social Security Numbers are required on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. Please know your Social Security Number. Those without knowledge of their Social Security Number may be refused a marriage license. It is recognized that non U.S. citizens will not have a Social Security Number.
THE FEE IS ca. $55.00
Source: County Clerk Clark County, Nevada; Information retrieved: Oct-25th, 2004
Although it's said that you have to be 18 years old, it's possible for minors to marry. They must have consent of a parent or legal guardian. Further details can be looked up on the website of the city clerk, please see below.
This website provides also the address of the Marriage License Bureau, hours, identification requirements, Apostille information, as well as many other helpful and up-to-date information.