• twitter.com/travel1000place
  • facebook.com/avel1000places
  • Visit us:
This article:

Rocky Mountain National Park



Wedding ceremonies are permitted in Rocky Mountain National Park; a non-refundable administrative fee ($50 to $200) is charged for a wedding permit.
Also, the normal entrance fees are collected when entering the park for the wedding. Carpooling is strongly encouraged as parking space is limited.
Wedding ceremonies conducted in the park require prior written approval from the Chief Ranger’s Office.

Information can be obtained by contacting the park at 970-586-1219 or writing to:
Chief Ranger's Office, Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, CO 80517.

Ceremony Locations
Weddings are not permitted in public facilities such as visitor centers, roadside turnouts, parking areas, overlooks, or in special wildlife viewing areas.
Most areas—such as Alluvial Fan, Bear Lake, Hallowell Park, Sprague Lake, Timber Creek Campground Amphitheater and Upper Beaver Meadows—will accommodate only small groups (up to 35 people). Due to Wilderness Management restrictions, some areas in the park will be limited to 20 people.
Larger wedding parties (up to 60) may be permitted at Copeland Lake and Endovalley. For parties of up to 100 people, locations will be limited to: Harbison Meadow, Hidden Valley, the southside picnic area at Lily Lake, and the Moraine Park Museum Amphitheater.
For more information about several areas within the park that are suitable for weddings, click here.
No areas can be reserved for the exclusive use of the wedding party. Park programs and activities may be taking place in the same general area.

Park visitor centers, restrooms, and other buildings may not be used for wedding preparations such as dressing, picture-taking, rehearsals, and waiting areas. These facilities cannot be used in the event of inclement weather. Equipment such as tables, chairs, carpets, tents, floral displays, signs, banners, flags, generators and amplifiers cannot be used in the park. Facilities for receptions and parties do not exist in the park. Throwing and scattering rice, birdseed, flower petals or other materials is prohibited. Normal entrance fees apply to all vehicles associated with the wedding. Lump sum entrance fee payments and advance payments can be made by calling (970) 586-1451.




Document Information
Source: National Park Service; magazineUSA.com
Last modified: 20070426
copyright ©2018 DENALImultimedia llc; magazineUSA.com and/or respective owner(s). All rights reserved.
By accessing and using this website you agree to comply with our Terms of Use / Disclaimer / Copyright Info.

FTC and Amazon Disclosure:
On our pages we might offer product suggestions and provide a link to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases a small commission, however, it does not increase the price of the product and it doesn't cost you anything.

Connect with us on:
  • twitter.com/travel1000place
  • facebook.com/travel1000places