LEGOLAND®, Carlsbad, California
LEGOLAND® California is a 128-acre theme park located in Carlsbad, a seaside community 30 miles north of San Diego and one hour south of Anaheim.
The Park is the first and only theme park in the United States created by Danish toy maker, the LEGO® Company.
LEGOLAND California offers interactive attractions, family rides, shows, restaurants, shopping and beautiful landscape features specially geared for children ages 2-12 and their families.
Theming unique to LEGO® play materials can be found throughout the entire Park.
There are more than 15,000 LEGO models in the Park created from more than 35 million LEGO bricks.
These models range from a life-sized animated elephant that squirts trunkfuls of water to a tiny violin case for a LEGO musician seated in a miniature Hollywood Bowl.
There are three other LEGOLAND parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark opened in 1968, LEGOLAND® Windsor, outside of London, opened in 1996 and LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Günzburg, Germany which opened May 2002.
In 2005, LEGOLAND theme parks became part of Merlin Entertainments Group which is owned by the Blackstone Group.
The park attractionsThe Beginning
– At LEGOLAND, the best place to start the day is at The Beginning.
• The Big Shop – Guests can enjoy the largest selection of LEGO and LEGOLAND merchandise in the country.
• The Market – Authentic imported Danishes and freshly baked pastries, espresso, milk, juice, fruit, a selection of yogurts and soft serve ice cream.
• Marketplace/Stroller & Wheelchair rental – Here is where guests can rent colorful, practical strollers and either electric or manual wheelchairs as well as purchase film, sundries, candy and much more. Please note stroller and wheelchair rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Package pickup – LEGOLAND gives families the option to shop early and pick up purchases as they exit the Park.
• Guest Services/Lost Parents – LEGOLAND Model Citizens (employees) stand ready to assist guests with a variety of services.
• First Aid – Guests can take advantage of First Aid for breast-feeding infants, using electrical outlets for medical appliances and basic first aid needs.
– Avast me hearties, embark on an all-new adventure at LEGOLAND® California and set your course to Pirate Shores, featuring rides and attractions all based on water play. This pirate-themed area features more than 150 LEGO® models sure to delight guests of all ages. Bring your buccaneers and bathing suits and prepare for fun…if ye dare!
– A naturalistic setting of prehistoric-looking ferns and bamboo filled with “living” life-sized and scale model dinosaurs.
– Kids of all ages enjoy this area themed with tons of DUPLO bricks.
– LEGOLAND California’s own kid-sized town square where creativity and
– Hear ye, hear ye! This area of LEGOLAND takes kids back to medieval times where spells are cast and many knights, damsels and dragons are found.
– This eye-catching area is the heart of the Park featuring more than 24 million LEGO bricks! Miniland presents stunning reproductions of American landmarks built with remarkable detail from six different geographical areas of the country.
– This zone emphasizes exploring and creation, while showcasing seven of the most visually exciting LEGO models in the world, including a replica of Albert Einstein’s head.
GENERAL PARK INFORMATION
One LEGOLAND Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008
(760) 918-LEGO (5364)
From Interstate 5 – Exit Cannon Road in Carlsbad. Go east, following signs to LEGOLAND Drive.
Motorcycles - ~$5, Cars - ~$10, Campers/RVs - ~$11.
Buses and bicycles are free.
Preferred Parking is available for ~$20.
Kennels are available for FREE on a first-come, first-served basis.
A ~$15 dollar refundable deposit is required.
Pricing, Park Hours
Park hours vary, please see website for details and for pricing information.